Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Going Back in Time

  
    About two weeks ago, I saw this dress at an antique store where my grandparents have a booth. The main reason I noticed it was because it's red, and that's my favorite color, so it always sticks out to me. My grandmother and I admired the dress, then went on our way. So the next day, (they go there everyday to manage their booth and whatnot), I was forced to try it on. [hit the jump for the rest of the story + more pictures!]

    After putting it on, I walked out to show my grandparents and the ladies that work there. Before I had a chance to say anything, it was decided that I was getting the dress. As I stood there, my grandmother and the lady who owned the booth made a deal. So we got the dress for $15, instead of $20.
    Of course my first thought was "Where will I wear this?", but then they gave me a great idea. I could put it in my room as a decoration! Since I'm planning on redoing my room in a few months, I figured this would be a creative way to display the dress, even if I wasn't going to wear it anywhere.

    Now you may be wondering where the dress is from. Well, it's from California Costume Collections and usually sells for $30. (Meaning we got it for half-price!) It's a 1920's flapper costume, which means I also might wear it for Halloween.
    Do you have any antique finds?

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog. I bet this dress looks good on you, as well as makes great art for your room. Keep on blogging.
    Your #1 follower,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. :) I love your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete