Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rows of Color

  
    I've collected a pretty large collection of nail polish over the past few months, meaning I've started to run out of room for them. Well today I decided that I was going to organize all my nail polish, nail tools, etc. Because my nail polishes were divided in random makeup bags, it was always very difficult to find the color I was looking for. But now that everything is organized, it's much easier!
    So I assume I'm not the only one that has this problem, therefore, I'm making a post on tips to organize your polishes. It took me about an hour to organize them, but only because I had to clean out the drawer and move some things around. That one hour was definitely worth it, though!
    After cleaning out the drawer, I remembered I had three little plastic trays that my mom had given me because she didn't want them. Even though the containers don't match, and are different lengths, they're perfect to hold my polishes. I wanted to put them in containers because that's more organized than having a drawer full of random polishes. So here's what I did:


  1. Cleaned out a drawer. (The drawer is on a small piece of furniture my grandmother painted).
  2. Cleaned the plastic trays. (Soap and water works fine).
  3. Sorted through all of my polishes and threw out any unwanted, old, or empty polishes. (This part takes a while if you have a lot of polish... I had over 40).
  4. Put the three plastic trays in the drawer and place all solid-colored polish in the trays. (I prefer to keep glitter polish, topcoats, and basecoats separate from normal polish).
  5. In the third tray, I put all the 'other' polishes. (crackle polish, glitter polish, topcoat, basecoat, etc.)
  6. Since all the trays were full and I still needed a place for files and tools, I put the files next to the trays. I placed stickers and rhinestones in small, empty gaps in the trays. My nail art tool and cuticle sticks fit in-between the trays.

   And after those simple steps, my nail polish is totally organized! :) I tried to sort the polishes by color, but that didn't totally work out, haha. Oh well, I'm still happy now that my polish is perfectly organized. And I hope that this will help you organize your polish, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment