Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Real vs. Copycat

    While making a set on Polyvore recently, I saw a cute pair of triangle earrings. As I continued scrolling through pages of earrings, I spotted another pair, but these were pink. I was then curious to know if they were from the same brand, and where I could purchase them. What I found was interesting, and sort of shocking. The first pair of earrings I had seen were from Nicole Richie's line, House of Harlow. However, the second pair were from Hot Topic. Now, you may be wondering what part of this discovery was shocking. Well, I'm going to tell you. But look at the comparisons of the earrings below:

    The two marked 'real' are from House of Harlow, and each cost $100. The pink pair marked 'copycat' are from Hot Topic and only cost $2.99! And the black and silver copycat pair are from Forever 21, costing just $5.80.
    I'm used to seeing copycat clothing and shoes at Forever 21, but these earrings have to be the closest to looking real that I've ever seen. The pattern is almost exact. Personally, I like the Hot Topic ones better than any of them, just because they're pink. I do have to admit that the House of Harlow ones are super cute, but definitely not worth $100 when I can get pink ones for $2.99 (everything's better in pink, right?). Plus, there's a warning on the House of Harlow earrings saying that they are "heavier than expected", but the ones at Forever 21 say they're "lightweight."
    So which would you choose: Real or Copycat? Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment