Sunday, July 3, 2011

Jewelry for the 4th

  
    Since I've started my blog, I've seen so many blogs about bracelets and anklets. I always think the jewelry is super cool, but I don't have a clue how to make it! So yesterday I decided I was going to make some 4th of July  bracelets out of string. I went to Joann's and bought a how-to book for $6. Luckily, the book came with red, white, and blue string.
    The first few designs I tried out did NOT go well. But these two did! So I went ahead and made a matching anklet. :)
    I think this is a super fun, easy craft to do. Even though some of the designs do take quite a long time (one of them took me 2 hours at the pool yesterday! But it wasn't for the 4th). If you're interested in learning to make these bracelets, often called friendship bracelets, the book I got was: Friendship Bracelets by Laura Torres. It was originally $12.50, but I had a coupon. So if you're looking for a fun way to make cute bracelets, check out this book. :)
    I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July & thanks for reading! :)

Linking to:


Add your links here:


4 comments:

  1. Very sweet, and what a fun blog you have. I love the background. Thanks for joining my newbie party, hope to see you back often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, welcome! Try to make the rounds in Blogland to get to know folks so they can get to know you.

    The bracelets are, indeed, sweet. I commend you wanting to learn how to make them. I'm old. I rely on my neighbor's kids to introduce me to these things. :)

    I'm follower #3. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Debbie! And thank you for having the newbie party, it's helped a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you, also! :)
    I've been trying my best to make my way around all the different blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete